- Login into TRAY.
- Upon login, select Setup.
- When first login, user should make sure that all the settings are configured in accordance with expected use of the system.
- Tap on the SETUP icon to check the settings. User staff account will need manager permissions to access the setup. If user doesn’t have manager permissions, user will be prompted to enter a manager code to access the settings screen.
Selecting CONTINUE will navigate to the Device Tab prompt of Setup interface (with default selections).
DEVICE NAME designates how other the system will refer to this specific tablet or terminal. For example, when creating checks (discussed later), you may have a credit card stored on Staff 1, or Terminal 1. The DEVICE NAME will also show in your reports on TRAY HQ to indicate which staff members have signed in to it. If you are using the ‘devices’ authentication process instead of the ‘staff’ authentication process, this setting will be pulled from the ‘device name in HQ. Otherwise, you will need to set it here (or it will default to the hardware name of the tablet).
SCREEN SAVER controls the screen timeout behavior. The screen can stay open (OFF), can time out to the slideshow (ON), or can time out and also autologout the staff account (AUTOLOGOUT)
TEXT SIZE will toggle the font size in various places of the app.
CARD READER BUTTON controls whether the card reader button will appear if a card reader is not configured (IE if the reader dropdown is set to “none”.)
SHOW IF NO READER will force the button to appear even if a reader is not configured. This will allow you to use manual card entry at this register. ON will hide the button when a reader is not configured.
- POS Tab of Setup interface (with default selections).
MENU IMAGES will determine if your device will show pictures for your menus/items (if configured on HQ), or whether the icons will be blank.
- Show (default)
FAST PAY controls how the fast pay features will work and whether they will invoke certain other functions when used.
- SHOW BUTTONS will allow fast pay to be used
- PRINT RECEIPT will make a receipt print at the end of the fast pay flow automatically.
- SEND ORDER will send the order to the KDS system automatically.
MODIFIERS STYLE toggles between LIST and TAB layout
- LIST (default)
MODIFIER SPLIT SCREEN will toggle whether items and modifiers are displayed side-by-side or not. (POS mode only)
GUEST CONTROL will show or hide the ability to select guest numbers for an order. If you want to map items on a check to seats at a table, for example, you would want to use this.
- Hide (default)
RESERVATIONS will toggle whether the reservation list is visible on the POS (regardless of the staff permissions to interact with them). Turn this on if you use reservations and want to interact with them from this POS.
- Hide (default)
MODIFIERS MODE will allow you to control whether modifiers are binary toggles or repeatedly selectable.
- Checkbox Mode (default)
- Add-On Mode
BUTTON SIZE determines the size of menu and item buttons.
- Extra Small
- Extra Large
CART POSITION sets the position of the cart in the app. (POS mode only)
- Left (default)
PRINT NO SALE toggles whether a chit is printed when a no-sale event is invoked
- On (default)
KIOSK Tab of Setup interface (with default selections).
SHOW ADD-ON ITEMS controls whether add-on items are displayed in the menu interface or during checkout.
- WITH ITEM will make addons appear with option groups in the menu interface
- ON CHECKOUT will make addon items appear after hitting total (upsell)
WAIVER BUTTONS controls which flows are available on this device when logged in as a loyalty staff account. The PARTIES flow has the user fill out waivers but not pay for items. The WALK INS flow confirms the user has a waiver and then offers waiver-eligible items for self-service purchase.
- WALK INS
Ordering tab of Setup interface (with default selections).
ORDER MODE controls when items are sent to the KDS system
- Fire on Pay - Items are sent when tender is collected
- Fire on Next - Items are sent as soon as they are added to the card
- Fire on Total - Items are sent when ‘total’ is hit. (default)
ORDER OPTIONS (POS mode only)
- HOLD ITEMS (default disabled)
- HOLD ORDER (default enabled)
CARD PAYMENT OPTIONS enable each of these as an option.
- AUTHORIZE submits the card to the payment network for authorization but does not charge. Depending on your processor parameters and your MCC code for your business, the window of validity for the authorization can vary. If you are not sure how long your authorizations are good for, contact your processing services provider and ask.
- STORE saves the card but does not submit for auth or charge to the payment network. This is not supported with magtek card readers.
- CHARGE submits the card for immediate charge.
USER RECEIPT OPTIONS enable each of these receipt choices when the CUSTOMER enters a tip. Note that tips do not need to be enabled to access this, but the customer option must be selected. Otherwise the staff flow will only allow for paper receipts.
- EMAIL RECEIPT
- PRINT RECEIPT
- NO RECEIPT
TENDER CONFIRMATION toggles the tender confirmation window.
- CONFIRM TENDER (default enabled)
ITEM CUSTOMIZATIONS controls whether the item customization window shows when there are no addons or option groups for that item.
- DON’T SHOW (default)
- ALWAYS SHOW
ASK FOR CHECK NAME controls whether the POS asks for a name on the check.
- NOT FOR CASH (CARDS ONLY)
- CARDS AND CASH
STAY IN MENU, if on, will keep the user within the selected menu after adding items to the cart. If off, the user will be returned to the menu list after selecting each item.
STAY IN TAB, if on, will keep the user in the check after payment has been collected. Users will be able to select REOPEN CHECK, PRINT RECEIPT, or NEW ORDER. If off, the system will start a new check as soon as tender capture is complete.
PIN LOCATION will set the device to default to a certain location after each order. Users can still change the location if desired, but the device will default to the location selected.
Tipping Settings (with default selections).
- NO TIP BUTTON (default off) will give the user a ‘no tip’ button next to the pre-filled percentages.
- CASH TIPS (default off) will enable the tip flow on cash transactions.
- PERCENT will display the configured tip buttons as percentages.
- (flat) AMOUNT (default) will display the dollar conversion of the default percentages for this check.
WHO WILL ENTER TIPS? Controls which tip flows are available.
- ASK (default)