Permissions screen displays the existing permissions configured along with code details.
Note: Tray has two levels of permissions, Site and Global.
Global permissions define the maximum level of access for an account. The accounts can be restricted by local accounts. If local accounts are not implemented, then the global settings will be the default.
Permissions are customizable on a site level. You can use the predefined roles or create a new one depending on your requirements.
An admin can create, modify, and delete the permissions for users.
You view the existing permissions, edit, and delete them.
To view a list of predefined permissions, refer to Permission Reference.
To add a new permission:
- Select New Permission.
The Add Permission screen appears.
- In the Code field, enter the code information.
- Select the Active checkbox if applicable.
- In the Description field, enter the information for the permission.
- Select Save to create a new permission or select Cancel to discard the changes.
Configuring Default Roles
The Roles screen allows you to create roles for the organization. You can assign the roles when creating a new user account for the staff.
A user with permissions can view the existing roles, edit, and delete the roles.
To create a new role:
- Select New Role.
The Add Role screen appears.
- In the Name field, enter the name for the role.
- In the Permissions field, select the permissions from the drop-down list. You can select multiple permissions.
- Click Save to create the role or click Cancel to discard the changes.