The discounts section allows you to configure discounts at the item and order level. Discounts can be applied in flat amounts and percentages of the price of the item or order.
HQ users with appropriate permissions can add, edit, and delete the discounts.
Adding a Discount
To add a discount:
- Login to the TRAY HQ website with your credentials.
- From the top menu, select SITES.
The SITES screen appears.
- From the left menu, select Discounts.
The Discounts screen appears. The screen displays the existing discounts.
- To add a discount, select Add Discount.
The Add Discount screen appears.
Following table provides information about UI fields in the add discount screen:
Indicates a name for the discount
Indicates the type of discount. Options available are:
- Amount - deducts a flat amount from the item or check.
- Percent - deducts a flat percent from the item or check.
- Alt price - changes the cost of the item (or the total of the check) to a flat amount.
- Open - Allows the user to deduct any amount (up to 100%) from the item or check.
Indicates the amount for the option selected in the Type field.
- If selected Amount, enter an amount. For example, 5 mean $5 discount on the item or the total order.
- If selected Percent, enter the percentage. For example, 5 mean 5% of the bill or item amount.
- If selected alt price, enter the alternate price. For example, 5 mean $5.
- If selected Open, enter the new price for the item. (Unlike the other types, this will be editable. The amount you put here will be the default value).
Indicates whether the discount is on the item or the order. Select from the drop-down menu.
- Item: Select the item and then click discount to see the item
- Order: Applies the discount to each item on the order
Indicates the barcode to scan. (In Development)
Indicates whether the discount applies once per order or for selected items.
Include and Exclude settings specify items that must (or must not) be in the shopping cart for the discount to be available for selection. EG: if your discount should only be available for use if "T-Shirt" is in the cart, then you would select "T-Shirt" in the "Items" section of Include. Dropdowns are multi-select and cumulative.
Note that you cannot mix Include and Exclude settings. Attempting to configure Include and Exclude on the same discount will break it.
If selected, displays a calendar to select the dates on which the discounts are available for use.
Select Browse and upload an image for the discounts.
Number of Required Products
Specifies the minimum quantity for the discount to be applicable.
For example, for a cheese pizza, if the number of required products is specified as 2, then the discount is only applicable if the customers adds 2 cheese pizzas to their order.
Apply to All
If selected, applies the discounts to all the items the order.
Apply to All Required Products
If selected, applies to all the required items.
Applies the discount to the selected items. This is distinct from the Include/Exclude settings mentioned above. EG: If I configure a discount to Include the 'Food' category and Apply To the 'Misc' category, then an item from the 'Food' category must be in my cart to use the discount, and the discount will only apply to items from the 'Misc' category.
Select from the drop-down menu of:
If selected, this discount can only be used (or authorized) by Staff accounts whose role has the [ManagerDiscounts] permission.
Allow on Kiosk
If selected, this discount will be visible on Kiosks (provided that all other filter conditions are also met)
Allow on Web
If selected, this discount will be visible on the site Webstore interface (provided that all other filter conditions are also met)
- Click Save to add the discounts or click Cancel to discard the changes.