First, note which type of card reader the client is using. Most will have a Magtek, but some will have Securemag.
- A working, ready reader should have a green light. (usually but not always solid)
- In the app, any prompt where a card could be used (staff login, card payments, etc) will have a colored indicator dot to show whether the card reader is detected by the software and ready to use.
- Check to see if the printer is also working. If both the printer and the reader are offline, the USB adapter and/or hub may have issues.
- Check reader connection in TRAY
- Hard reset the card reader by holding the button for 10-15 seconds or until the light flashed red
- Restart tablet
- Attempt to connect with bluetooth if used by the site (password 6 zero’s for magteks)
- Escalate for possible rma.